Are American voters in a fog?
Talking Points 9/21
- Duration 2:31
- Date Sep 21, 2012
Talking Points 9/21
Also in this playlist...
This transcript is automatically generated
-- Bill O'Reilly thanks for watching us tonight are American voters in a fog that is -- subject of this evening's talking points memo.
-- Fox News poll contain some surprising data from the key swing states of Florida Ohio and Virginia.
Voters -- apparently believe the economic policies of Barack Obama have helped.
More than hurt the economy.
That is simply -- Unemployment remains above 8% wages down -- national debt sixteen trillion dollars and the annual deficit is now well over one trillion dollars a year.
And likely voters think president Obama's economic policies are helping.
Again it's inexplicable.
The last -- I had a conversation and Laura -- whereby I put out a reason why this might be happening but it's speculation.
Something I don't like to do.
We all know that the Internet now dominates lives of many Americans millions of us are addicted to texting entertainment web sites gaming pretty much blocking out the world.
Whenever we want to.
It's -- possible to live in an alternate universe.
That is operated out of your home or in your hand.
You never have to deal with reality there's always some fantasy you can create.
Economic issues a boring and complicated.
It's been flying all over the place very hard to know what the truth it is a lecture at a work then you know.
But to understand what's actually happening in -- marketplace you have to pay attention -- to read.
Listen to news reports for example my syndicated newspaper column this week is why America does not have.
An energy policy and how that affects all of us you guys might read it on billoreilly.com.
But most Americans will not.
Almost every person I know -- a hand held Internet device American children and adults spent hours surfing the net.
So you can see how our society has been dramatically impacted by high tech in my opinion that's why this presidential election so close.
32 years ago when Reagan ran against Carter and there was no place to hide for the president.
Jimmy Carter's economy was a disaster.
So was his foreign policy and most Americans knew it.
But today we have four dollar a gallon gas prices and people go.
So what the average American worker losing take home pay many don't seem to care the value of your home down dramatically so -- I'll go on my computer I'll lose myself in a fantasy world.
About 30% of the American electorate is paying attention the other 70% distracted to say les and I believe that's -- the polls reflect and that some.