Also in this playlist...
This transcript is automatically generated
My stomach you could watch it it was like a wave that was festering just Bobble in and make -- -- 43 year old Annie Le Claire says.
He nearly died when doctors in Florida left several surgical sponges.
Inside his body -- it -- -- Lost a 116.
And I mean a perforated my call and all the toxins waste product everything was all through my body.
And there's a month stay in the hospital.
And coma for two weeks.
-- Johns Hopkins study finds that a foreign object like a sponge is slipped inside a patient's body 39 times a week.
Patients off to develop infections and require additional surgery and treatment like Lenny did.
So it does to however you safety measures to ensure this doesn't happen.
Those measures range from.
-- -- instruments.
Multiple times during the operation.
All of which are performed at multiple times during an operation.
Much as they would be in the cockpit.
Surges in 260.
Hospitals across the country are adding new technology to their safety tool box.
Our effort sure -- -- frequency detection system puts -- tracking device inside each and every sponge and towel.
By detecting them through.
A wind that receives a specific.
Signal were able to know that -- sponges they are not there.
30000 surgeries are perform a month if -- medical center in New York City and every patient that receives this technology.
The cost is roughly twelve dollars -- surgery a prize Lenny would have gladly pay I would want my worst enemy go through an -- through.
For more information go to our -- surge dot com I'm Dr.
Manny Fox News.
Filter by section